GDPR privacy statement
The Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle personal data. We do everything we can to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. The Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR, Regulation EU 2016/679).
This means that we in any case:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they were provided;
- are aware of your rights as a data subject regarding your personal data, want to draw your attention to this and want to respect them.
As the Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do so via the contact details below:
Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw
Maatschappelijke zetel: Henrilei 18, 2930 Brascchaat, België
This privacy statement applies to all our current and past members, participants in activities, persons who show or showed an interest in our activities, services or products, customers and prospects, suppliers.
Why do we process which personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- Conducting membership administration and services to members (contractual ground)
- Sending information about our activities, newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest)
- Organizing the sports preparation and training
- Club administration (legitimate interest)
- Sports administration in the context of internships, camps, ... (contractual ground)
- Participating in competitions and tournaments
- Sporting administration (legitimate interest)
- Organization of a recreational sports event (contractual ground)
- Organizing non-sports related events (contractual ground)
- Promotion, PR and communication including
- Managing social media by means of publishing atmospheric photos (legitimate interest)
- Managing social media by means of targeted photos (permission)
- Managing the club website (legitimate interest)
Which data do we process?
We may request, store, collect and process the following personal data from you for the following purposes:
Identification data: name, first name
- Private contact information: phone number, email, address
- Personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, nationality
- Financial details (including payments, account number, ...)
- Education and training
- Sporting data (including category, results, attendances, ...)
- Images (photos, videos, recordings, ...)
- We only collect personal data that you provide to us yourself in various ways (including registration forms, fill-in and contact forms on our website, personal / telephone / e-mail contact, ...). We do not collect personal data from third parties, with the exception of information received from affiliated associations / clubs or federations.
No category of persons is subject to any form of automated decision-making or profiling.
Provision of data to third party processors
We may provide the information you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party (processor) for:
- storing and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider)
- taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting);
- providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, servers, ...);
- taking care of the (financial) administration and secretariat
- insuring our members, participants and volunteers
- taking care of (and distributing) newsletters and invitations.
We also make the necessary arrangements with these parties to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Provision of data to third party recipients
We share personal data with the following external parties:
- Affiliated organizations that are part of the ecosystem of the sports federation (the federation itself, the other clubs belonging to the same federation, ...)
- Subsidizing authorities
- Partners with whom we organize activities in collaboration (activities that have been developed with two or more organizations and for which lists of participants are exchanged)
- We make the necessary arrangements with these parties (third-party recipients) to guarantee the security of your personal data and to ensure that your data is treated confidentially.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information provided to third parties unless this is legally required and / or permitted, such as in the context of a police or judicial investigation.
At no time do we sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We also never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission to do so. This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing for the withdrawal thereof.
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area.
We only process personal data of persons under the age of 18 if permission has been given by the parent or legal representative.
The following data from the parents can be processed here: identification data and private contact details (for parental consent)
The Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw does not store personal data longer than necessary for the realization of the purpose for which it was provided, with due observance of the period necessary to comply with the legal requirements (including in the field of accounting). Retention periods can, however, differ per purpose.
The Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw undertakes not to keep the data longer than 10 years
or up to 5 years after last use (or termination of the collaboration). In order to be able to contact the old members in case of exceptional festivities such as the x-year anniversary of the club, the data can be kept longer.
Security of the data
The following appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken to protect personal data against unlawful processing:
- All persons who can access your data on behalf of the Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw are bound by confidentiality thereof.
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data if there is reason to do so;
- We systematically make backups of the personal data in order to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We test and evaluate our measures at regular intervals and adjust them if necessary;
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data. These employees are granted access to your data to the extent that they need this information to perform their duties properly.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and copy the personal data relating to you.
You are entitled to correction and addition if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right to data erasure (deletion) of the personal data we have received from you, which is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to limit data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can ask to stop this processing.
You can also object (object) to the way in which certain of your personal data are processed. For example, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails)
You also have the right to have the information provided by you transferred by us to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
You can contact us at the address at the top of this privacy statement to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your question.
We may ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests. To prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately).
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, we ask you to contact us immediately.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA):
Changes to our privacy statement
The Flemish Bowhunting Association vzw / FBA vzw may change this privacy statement from time to time. The last change happened on 14/03/2021